The Barcaldine Rowing Club is a new rowing club based at Barcaldine in Central Western Queensland, Australia.
Our club has the following objectives:
- To provide the opportunity for all comers to enjoy the sport of rowing.
- To allow outback residents the opportunity to part take in a traditional team sport.
- To enjoy the many physical and mental health benefits that rowing provides through exercise.
Our facility and equipment
Barcaldine now has a great facility for the sport of rowing, the Barcaldine Recreation Park.
The Park is a world class water sports facility, well suited to rowing and regattas, with benefits such as:
- A club house overlooking the finish line from 200m out, with entertainment, showers, change rooms, eating facilities etc.
- A rowing course of 1100m, sheltered from prevailing winds and able to be buoyed for racing lanes
- An elevated jetty for race officials to overlook crews at the start line
- Jetties for launching rowing coach boats
- Suitable carpark for multiple visiting rowing clubs to assemble rowing boats on race days
- A sandy beach for rowing crews to enter/exit the water
- A raised bank along entire course for spectators on push bikes to follow races along
- Separate areas on the course for training crews, crews returning to shore following races and crews rowing up to the start lines of a race
- Ability to have licensed small motor boats for coaches and race officials
- NO BULL SHARKS, CROCODILES OR IRUKANDJI JELLYFISH